Whatsapp: +447873229164

Landlord Gas Safety Certificates & Heating Servicing

BenPropertySolutions have teamed up with gas service engineers up and down the country to provide a comprehensive UK gas safety service designed to meet landlords’ obligations. We use our position as the UK’s biggest letting agent to negotiate unbeatably low pricing for our 157,000 landlords.

Who Has to Get a Gas Safety (CP12) Certificate?

UK landlords with gas appliances and fittings – including central heating, boilers and flues – must conduct an annual safety check conducted by a Gas Safe engineer. If you are unsure whether the Gas Safety Regulations Act (1998) applies to you, you can find out on the government’s Health And Safety Executive (HSE) website.

If you are a landlord however, it is very likely that these laws do apply to you. You must keep record of the safety check for two years and supply new tenants with a copy of the certificate before they move in and within 28 days of completing a new check.

Gas Safety Certificate (CP12)

One-off payment from:

£45/ Inc. VAT

  • Gas Safe Registered Engineer
  • Digitally Accessible Certificate
  • Only £15 per additional appliance
  • Lead Time from 2 Working Days

Boiler Service

One-off payment:

£55/ Inc. VAT

  • Gas Safe Registered Engineer
  • Digitally Accessible Certificate
  • Full Boiler service as
  • recommended by manufacturer

Total Peace of Mind

Our landlord services are designed to ensure you meet your legal obligations quickly, cheaply and with as little fuss as possible. We only use gas and heating engineers who are on the Gas Safe register, so you can be sure your property is in the best hands.

If an engineer is not available on your required date or time, we will give you a full refund. Our customer support team is ready to deal with any questions and queries.

Order your gas service engineer today!

Which Gas Appliances Need to Be Checked?

Your legal duties as a landlord cover any gas appliances that you own and provide for the use of the tenants of your property. If the tenant supplies their own gas appliances, then you will be responsible for its installation parts and pipework, but not the appliance itself.

For full guidance refer to regulation 36(3) of the HSE Approved Code of Practice, on the duties of landlords with respect to safety checks.

What about servicing and maintenance?

The HSE regulations make a distinction between gas safety checks and the related servicing and maintenance activities that may need to be undertaken. As a landlord you have the responsibility of ensuring all appliances (specifically boilers), as well as pipes and flues, are operating safely at all times.

Our recommendation is that maintenance be performed every 12 months to ensure proper functioning of the appliances.

For full guidance refer to regulation 36(2) of the HSE Approved Code of Practice, on the duties of landlords with respect to maintaining pipes, flues and appliances.

Is it OK to Only Have a Digital Record of My Gas Safety Certificate (CP12)?

Yes! It is perfectly acceptable to keep the records of your gas inspection electronically – and many landlords find it far more convenient.

As long as you can produce a hard copy when needed (such as when new tenants are moving in), you keep it safe (i.e. you don’t delete if from your electronic records) and it uniquely identifies the engineer (e.g. with a signature), having only an electronic copy is absolutely fine. If sharing an electronic copy with your tenants, be sure they first have the means to access it.

Product Breakdown

BenPropertySolutions Gas Safety Certificate £45
Gas Safe Registered Engineer Call Out
Digitally Accessible Gas Safety Certificate (CP12)
Booking Availability
Engineers normally work 8am-6pm Evenings & Saturdays possible depending on availability. If engineer not available, full refund provided.
Monday - Friday (Exact time of inspection will be confirmed after booking)
Lead Time
From 2 working days
Gas Safety Certificate For Boiler
Cost for each additional appliance £15
Recommended: Add Boiler Service
  • FULL boiler service as recommended by the appliance manufacturer
  • Ensures your boiler is safe and in working order as per HSE regulations
  • + £55